Oats have a well-balanced nutritional composition, and one serving (30 grams) of oats contains 117 calories.
By weight, raw oats are 66% carbohydrates, 17% protein, 7% fat and 11% fiber.
Benefits of Oats
- Oats Are Incredibly Nutritious
- Whole Oats Are Rich in Antioxidants, Including Avenanthramides
- Oats Contain a Powerful Soluble Fiber Called Beta-Glucan
- They Can Lower Cholesterol Levels and Protect LDL Cholesterol From Damage
- Oats Can Improve Blood Sugar Control
- Oatmeal Is Very Filling and May Help You Lose Weight
- Finely Ground Oats May Help With Skin Care
- They May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Asthma
- Oats May Help Relieve Constipation
Plain Oats per 500g